150 Series System
The 150 Series Overhead Conveyor is the fastest of our overhead conveyor family. Line speeds are capable of 200 FPM, with load capacities up to 250 Lbs.
The 150 Series Overhead Conveyor uses Carriers that are moved automatically between different areas using Trolleys. The driven sections of the system consist of a Drive Beam that has a Drive Belt attached to it via driven assemblies. Trolleys, which incorporate a spring friction system, ride directly on the drive belt. Drive Beam prevents trolley sway as well as providing a level of safety in the unlikely event that a trolley becomes disengaged from the drive belt.
Reversing the Drive Belt reverses the direction of the Trolley. Flow changes are achieved through Switches that transfer the Trolley from one line to another.
In-line speed changes are achieved using Drive Breaks, which allow separate drive belts attached to the same drive beam to run at different speeds. Different drive belt speeds can be achieved by incorporating Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) or different ratio gear motors.
A Non-Driven Section (gravity section) is identical to the driven section minus the drive beam/drive belt assembly.
Supporting the 150 Series Overhead Conveyor can be accomplished by mounting directly to the ceiling, using existing overhead structures, or utilizing a network of free-standing IntelliTrak support steel.
Summary of the Features and Benefits
- The 150 Series system can easily accumulate carriers for storage or processes durring assemblies or production periods.
- The 150 Series system is reliable and simple in its design. Since the system is bolted together and not welded, it can easily be modified giving a modular system.
- The 150 Series system is essentially noiseless and very clean thanks to its unique driving mechanism, which requires little or no lubrication. The sealed for life bearings used on the trolleys along with the anodized aluminum and galvanized steel construction of the system components enhances its cleanliness.
- Little or no lubrication also means very little maintenance is required. Due to the simplicity of the 150 Series system , it is not necessary to have specifically trained personnel for maintenance.
- The 150 Series system has some enhanced safety features as well. Thanks to its unique drive system, obstructions or operator resistance can stop the 150 Series system carriers and prevent injury or damage to property.
- Since the 150 Series system and the trolleys are not physically coupled to each other, in-line speed changes are possible by driving different sections of the system at different speeds. This also allows for the combination of driven and non-driven sections on the same system.
- Driven sections of a 150 Series system provide constant speed control of material being handled. This is beneficial for precisely positioning material for certain operations that need to be performed on the product and while it is being transported between stations