•The IntelliTrak 3500 Series Overhead Conveyor has the highest capacity of our overhead conveyor family. With a capacity of up to 7000** lbs. , the 3500 Series will meet most Overhead Conveyor needs.
•With standard components, the 3500 Series Overhead conveyor is capable of operating temperatures of up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. With modifications, temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit are possible.
** Live Load and Dead Load capacities using standard components. With modifications and added components, capacity can be increased beyond 20,000 lbs.
•The 3500 Series Overhead Conveyor uses Carriers that are moved automatically between different areas using Trolleys. The driven sections of the system consists of Trolleys that ride on the Load Rail, and a Drive Beam that has a Drive Tube attached to it via Bearing Assemblies. Driven Curves allow for direction change.
•The drive tube propels the trolleys via skewed wheels mounted to the trolley which are in turn spring loaded to the drive tube.
•Reversing the rotation of the drive tube reverses the direction of the trolley. Flow changes are achieved through switches that transfer the trolley from one line to another.
•Elevation changes can be accommodated with vertical lift sections. The lifts can be incorporated for raising and lowering carrier assemblies through significant elevation changes.
•In-line speed changes are achieved using drive breaks, which allow separate drive tubes attached to the same drive beam to run at different speeds. Different drive tube speeds can be achieved by incorporating Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) or different ratio gear motors.
•A Non-Driven Section (gravity section) is identical to the driven section minus the drive beam/drive tube assembly.
•Supporting the IntelliTrak 3500 Series Overhead Conveyor can be accomplished by mounting directly to the ceiling, using existing overhead structures, or utilizing a network of free-standing IntelliTrak support steel.
•The support steel consists of vertical floor supports with I-beam cross members bolted to the top. OCS beams are then suspended from the I-beam network, making up a grid like network from which hangers/drive beams/load rails are suspended.
Summary of the Features and Benefits
- The 3500 Series system is reliable and simple in its design. Since the system is bolted together and not welded, it can easily be modified while having little effect on the existing system.
- The 3500 Series system is very clean and quiet thanks to its unique driving mechanism, which requires little or no lubrication.
- Little or no lubrication also means very little maintenance is required. Due to the simplicity of the 3500 Series system, it is not necessary to have specifically trained personnel for maintenance.
- The 3500 Series system has some enhanced safety features as well. Thanks to its unique drive system, obstructions or operator resistance can stop the 3500 Series carriers and prevent injury or damage to property.
- Since the 3500 Series drive system and the trolleys are not physically coupled to each other, in-line speed changes are possible by driving different sections of the system at different speeds. This also allows for the combination of driven and non-driven sections on the same system.
- Driven sections of a 3500 Series system provide constant speed control of material being handled. This is beneficial for precisely positioning material for certain operations that need to be performed on the product and while it is being transported between stations.
- Vertical lift sections of the 3500 Series system provide for moving material from one elevation to another.