IntelliTrak 100 Series System
The 100 Series Overhead Conveyor has been proven in numerous and diverse applications throughout North America and Europe. With a capacity of 100 lbs. in single trolley applications and 200 lbs. in dual trolley applications, the 100 Series is ideal for parts picking, light to medium duty manufacturing or assembly, and warehousing.
Heavy Duty (metal) and Standard Duty (plastic) trolleys are chosen based on factors such as application and environment.
The 100 Series Overhead Conveyor uses Carriers that are moved automatically between different areas using Trolleys. The driven sections of the system consist of a Drive Beam that has a Drive Tube attached to it via Bearing Assemblies. Trolleys, which incorporate skewed drive wheels, ride directly on the drive tube. Guide Rails prevent trolley sway as well as providing a level of safety in the unlikely event that a trolley becomes disengaged from the drive tube.
Reversing the rotation of the drive tube reverses the direction of the trolley. Flow changes are achieved through switches that transfer the trolley from one line to another.
In-line speed changes are achieved using drive breaks, which allow separate drive tubes attached to the same drive beam to run at different speeds. Different drive tube speeds can be achieved by incorporating Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) or different ratio gear motors.
Supporting the IntelliTrak 100 Series Overhead Conveyor can be accomplished by mounting directly to the ceiling, using existing overhead structures or utilizing a network of free-standing IntelliTrak support steel.
The support steel consists of vertical floor supports with I-beam cross members bolted to the top. OCS Beams are then suspended from the I-beam network, making up a grid like network from which Hangers/Drive Beams/Capture Rails are suspended.
Summary of the Features and Benefits
- The 100 Series system is reliable and simple in its design. Since the system is bolted together and not welded, it can easily be modified while having little effect on the existing system
- The 100 Series system is essentially noiseless and very clean thanks to its unique driving mechanism, which requires little or no lubrication. The sealed for life bearings used on the trolleys along with the anodized aluminum and galvanized steel construction of the system components enhances its cleanliness.
- Little or no lubrication also means very little maintenance is required. Due to the simplicity of the 100 Series system, it is not necessary to have specifically trained personnel for maintenance.
- The 100 Series system has some enhanced safety features as well. Thanks to its unique drive system, obstructions or operator resistance can stop the 100 Series carriers and prevent injury or damage to property.
- Since the 100 Series drive system and the trolleys are not physically coupled to each other, in-line speed changes are possible by driving different sections of the system at different speeds. This also allows for the combination of driven and non-driven sections on the same system.
- Driven sections of a 100 Series system provide constant speed control of material being handled. This is beneficial for precisely positioning material for certain operations that need to be performed on the product and while it is being transported between stations.
- Driven inclined sections of the 100 Series system provide for moving material from one elevation to another without an opening in the system as required when incorporating elevators. This increases throughout and provides a safer system by reducing the chance that a trolley derail off the system.